As well as being a scientific institute, The Union is also a federation, with more than 20,000 members and subscribers active in 146 countries. We are united by our commitment to a shared vision: health solutions for the poor. Our membership forms a global network of experts - individuals and organisations - collaborating to create and share new research and to build capacity for increasing the quality and success of our work to improve public health.
Tobacco control members’ working groups
Tobacco control members currently run three expert working groups [see below], each focussing on complex or emerging issues in tobacco control. Members of the tobacco control section join these groups in order to become part of an ongoing conversation with colleagues and peers across the globe who are tackling similar challenges.
- Countering tobacco industry interference in public health policies
- Getting research into tobacco control policy at country and regional levels
- TB, HIV and tobacco
Become a Union tobacco control member and connect with our global network of experts
Both individuals and organisations join The Union in order to get involved in global public health activities, and to take advantage of the opportunities that membership offers:
- A global and active network of tobacco control experts
- Access to the latest Union research, resources and news
- Option to join expert working groups tackling specific and emerging tobacco control issues
- 50 euro discount on full 5-day registration for the annual Union World Conference on Lung Health
- Free subscription to the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Membership costs as little as 20 Euros per year. Special rates are available to students and those from low-income countries.